Knowing where to place a water tank is key to its performance and durability, therefore, there are some aspects that you need to consider before choosing the best location.
Below you will find information on how to choose the best spot to install your new water tank:
- Check all the areas around your house or business and define where most of the water will be used. The water tank should be located near to those areas
- Consider having enough space to access the tank to perform maintenance tasks.
- Check local laws and regulations for some building regulations may limit where you locate the water tank.
- To reduce installation costs, make sure your tank is placed near (or as near as possible) to the closest down pipe and storm water line.
- Take your neighbors into consideration if you want to install a pump as noise might bother more than one. Getting a pump cover is usually a good idea, it will help with the noise and will increase its lifespan.
- Make sure the new location does not place stress on retaining or house walls, as well as pipe work or anything else that might suffer from damage due to pressure.
If you have questions about your new water tank, water pump or well pump, give us a call. At Discount Water Tanks, we have been providing a wide variety of fresh water and fire protection tanks and water storage solutions to Southern California & Arizona homes and businesses for many years.